Gray & Adams
Driven to Deliver
With almost 60 years in business, Gray & Adams design and manufacture bespoke temperature-controlled and other specialist transport equipment across five locations in the UK and Northern Ireland. Although an established, successful business, Gray & Adams had no marketing resource or strategy in place, which in their increasingly competitive industry, was presenting a number of challenges to them.
We were appointed to lead a research driven marketing strategy, that considered the international presence and included a redevelopment of the existing brand that could be implemented across a full suite of marketing materials.
Working together with Gray & Adams core management team and informed by extensive research with staff and customers, industry trends and competitor analysis, we presented and delivered a set of marketing recommendations that included:
- Brand proposition and messaging: Using feedback to ensure authenticity of the brand development, Genoa Black proposed the new strapline “Driven to deliver”, which captured Gray & Adams key values of customer service, excellence and innovation. This new proposition was further supported by a messaging guide and brand values.
- Brand identity: Developed from the new brand proposition, we began the development of the new brand identity. Due to existing brand awareness in the industry, the new identity had to retain an aspect of the existing logo, but present Gray & Adams as a forward thinking, progressive business. The resulting creative was inspired by the colour palette associated with temperature control, using triangular over lays to communicate direction, movement and progression and is stand out in the competitor landscape, positioning Gray & Adams as a leader in their field.
- Sales toolkit: To support the sales team we developed a sales toolkit. This included a new website, photography suites, templates, business cards, brochure, event stand and a video.
- Media: To drive impact with the rebrand, we prepared a detailed media plan, taking into consideration the sector in which they currently operate and those noted as targets.
- Ongoing marketing support: As part of the marketing recommendations, we provide monthly marketing support to Gray & Adams to support their monthly activity and help on any adhoc requirements.
The marketing recommendations have already made a significant impact to this business, acknowledged by management, staff, customers and suppliers. By involving the team throughout the process we have developed a truly authentic brand that is relatable at every level of the business.