Work with Us
Calling all big strategic thinkers, dazzling designers, maverick managers, and daydream believers. Whether you are a seasoned specialist or taking the first steps on your career, at Genoa Black you’ll work with an incredibly talented and driven team.
We’d love to hear from you, please contact us at
Full time Senior Client Manager
Genoa Black is looking to recruit a Senior Client Manager with extensive experience of delivering strategic marketing projects, ideally within the B2B space.
The ideal person for this role will be energized and excited by the plate spinning of agency life. They will also be creative, confident, and not afraid to think outside the box, whilst also having a keen eye for detail, and be a clear communicator.
As part of the Client Services Team, this role will be a dual function. One part of you will be a strategic marketer, with experience in marketing strategy development and a good understanding of activation. We often act as the sole marketing function of our clients’ businesses so it is important that the successful individual can and is willing to create the strategy, present the strategy then activate and evaluate down to every social post. The second part of you will be a calm and collected project manager, ensuring that your multiple projects are running according to plan and budget.
Our Senior Client Manager will enjoy the opportunity to develop their skills and progress their career by working closely with senior leaders across the business and provide direct support to the Account Director and Managing Partner as they seek to free up their time to create a larger new business pipeline.
- Take full accountability and ownership of key clients by developing and delivering marketing strategies that are in line with your clients’ wider business strategy.
- Manage your client marketing retainers and act as their beacon of marketing expertise, advising where appropriate and delivering assets against time and budget expectations.
- Working with our creative and strategic leads to deliver special projects across our growth circuit.
- Nurturing relationships with key clients and taking responsibility for growing your client accounts and discovering other areas that we can help support them.
- Briefing and working with our creative studio
- Assisting with proposal development and attending new business meetings with a member of the senior leadership team
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen by working with our business manager to ensure that client projects are billed accurately, are profitable and running efficiently in line with our commercial targets.
- Demonstrate project management and customer service excellence across your client roster.
- Inspire junior members of the team and act as a supervisory support when leadership are on leave or otherwise engaged.
Essential experience required
· Marketing or relevant undergraduate degree
· 5+ experience in a marketing role
· Experience of working in a marketing agency
· Project and supplier management experience
· Experience of activation across multiple channels
· B2B sector experience (Energy, construction, professional services, and tech are particularly interesting)
· Presentation skills
· Writing and content development
· Working knowledge of website CMS systems
· Paid social ads experience
· SEO or PPC Knowledge
· Strong written English
· Attention to detail
· Excel and Microsoft Office
· Strong communication skills.
Desirable Personality Traits
· Team player
Full drivers’ licence with car required (desired).