Terms & Conditions
Our terms. In black and white.
All successful business relationships and projects are built on transparency and clarity of communication.
The following outlines how Genoa Black will work with you, so that we can provide you with an exceptional customer experience and that you understand what is and what is not included in your project.
Our business terms have been developed to ensure both parties are working in a fair, clear and respectful manner and to minimise confusion or disruption wherever possible.
THE BIG PRINT
Our ethos and approach
Everyone in our team is passionate about making a meaningful difference to every company we work with. We are hungry to see your success and will live and breathe it, everyday, as your partner.
Led by our Board and Management Team, the breadth and depth of our people and partners expertise, enables us to bring the very best talent to every client relationship.
Our commitment to you
You will be allocated a dedicated director and project manager for the duration of the contract or project. The director is your senior point of contact and is responsible for quality control, project changes, issue escalation and commercial management. The project manager will oversee all project scopes, attend all client meetings, providing continuity of contact and improved service and management of the project schedule.
In addition we propose:
- Monthly client status meetings with designated members of Genoa Black’s and your Project Team
- Weekly project status reports outlining key actions issued at the end of every week
- Agendas set by Genoa Black ahead of all meetings
- Timing plans for each stage of each project to be developed in detail for client approval
- Contact reports following each project status meeting, issued within 24 hours of each meeting
- Members of the Genoa Black team will be available to attend industry events, domestically and internationally where agreed, as part of each project stage
- All client calls and e-mails will be responded to, by all Genoa Black team members, within 24 hours
- Any team absences for any reason will be communicated to your Project Team with confirmation of any replacement team members immediately
- All production costs will be obtained where possible from 3 suppliers and will require written approval from the Project Team prior to confirmation on your behalf
- Genoa Black team members are available to work on-site at our client’s premises, if required and deemed beneficial by both parties
- Genoa Black’s normal office working hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm, however Directors can be contacted outwith normal office hours via e-mail or personal mobile.
Measuring the difference
Your investment in Genoa Black will be based on specific objectives for your business and it is important we understand what these are from the outset.
For each project, detailed marketing and communications objectives and other client success criteria will be set. We will also provide monthly evaluation reports that show how we have achieved and met these. The specific nature of reporting will be agreed with you, but might include, for example:
- Quarterly evaluation and reporting, including quarterly reports on Google Analytics, social media insights, e-newsletter, and press coverage gained
- Quarterly digital reviews and associated recommendations
- Daily monitoring of social media activity, mitigating any risks to business reputation
- Business development leads and conversions reported by your sales team
- Time and cost reconciliation and/or spend and budget analysis.
We are also keen to deliver a positive and engaging customer experience together with our clients, so look to have quarterly face-to-face review meetings with your Senior Team to review and feedback on both parties (client and Genoa Black) in terms of:
- Delivery to timing plans
- Work quality and attention to detail
- Time and project reconciliation.
The small print
- The accompanying proposal has been compiled based on an understanding of your requirements. Should these requirements change, the proposal will be reviewed and discussed with you before proceeding.
- Travel time to client premises has been allowed for, in line with that scoped in the accompanying proposal only.
- No allowance has been made for travel to client offices or events beyond a 40 mile radius of Genoa Black’s Aberdeen/South Queensferry premises, unless specified in the accompanying proposal.
- Mileage is charged at 45 pence per mile.
- Any other expenses incurred by Genoa Black on behalf of our clients are rechargeable at cost + 5%.
- No allowance has been made for print and production, imagery, video and photography costs, however Genoa Black can source costs for these across a range of suppliers at your request and this can be quoted for separately. External costs require 7 days payment terms.
- Clients will supply the accurate content required to deliver the scope of work on time and respond in a timely manner for any requests for information.
- All website development proposals are based on a standard pricing model and will be re-evaluated once detailed brief has been provided, or if the scope of the project has changed. No website hosting costs are included.
- Payment Terms are strictly 30 days Net from date of invoice. Late payment will attract interest at a rate of 3% above the RBS base rate as at the date of the invoice. This is subject to financial approval.
- Validity: prices are valid for sixty (60) days from the date of the offer.
- If the contract and or project is cancelled, Genoa Black will be entitled to payment for the work performed in accordance with the agreed price, together with such other payments and fees that cannot be cancelled or avoided at the date of termination.
- If the contract and/or project is delayed due to client actions or request, Genoa Black shall be entitled to recover such reasonable additional costs incurred and as advised at the time of delay.
- Any outstanding print or production expenditure will be approved in writing and requires to be settled within the stated payment terms.
- Additional work requested and delivered outwith the proposal scope will be charged for additionally.
- Client meetings that are cancelled within 24 hours are charged for at 50% and on the day 100% of the fee.